"Women are the niggers of gender," the email said. "If you killed yourself, I wouldn’t even fuck the corpse."
I blinked at my phone, fighting simultaneous urges to hurl my phone across the room in anger and cry. Later that day, someone texted me my address — telling me they’d “See me when I least expected it.”
I haven’t been out to my car at night by myself since January 2nd.
My name is Brianna Wu. I lead a development studio that makes games. Sometimes, I write about issues in the games industry that relate to the equality of women. My reward is that I regularly have men threatening to rape and commit acts of violence against me. —
No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry | Polygon (via brutereason)
That is terrible and heart breaking on so many levels
why did this trigger such an enormous emotion in me? i’m crying without even meaning to, that’s how badly i could feel this pain i’ve never felt for this woman(via andsallycantdance)
Anonymous said: Why are you so angry about JLaw's nudes being leaked? I thought you didn't like her.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
Ryan Cooper Thompson
(Source: specialopz, via davidparkisafraidofthedark)
(Source: swamped, via nickxdee)
Paris, France (by pastryaffair)
(Source: batpigandme, via theneverbird)
(Source: justinlarosa, via nickxdee)